VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA / July 22, 2019 / MGX Renewables Inc. (“MGXR” or the “Company”) (CSE: MGXR) is pleased to announce that its common shares will commence trading today on the Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) under the ticker symbol “MGXR”. A copy of the Listing Statement is available under the Company’s profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The Company’s CUSIP number and ISIN are 59325P108 and CA59325P1080, respectively.
MGXR Energy Storage System
The MGXR ESS is a modular Energy Storage System designed to deliver power in the range 20kW - 50MW and energy storage in the range of 120kWh - 1GWh over extended periods of time. With the advantage of rechargeable zinc-air battery technology, the system can be configured to support a wide range of discharge power, recharge power and duty cycle requirements. Since the energy storage capacity of the system is determined only by the size of the zinc storage tank, a very cost-effective and scalable solution now exists as an alternative to the fixed power/energy ratio of the lithium ion battery.
The MGXR ESS is based upon unique patented zinc-air battery technology. Energy is stored in the form of zinc particles, similar in size to grains of sand. When the system is delivering power, the zinc particles are combined with oxygen drawn from the surrounding air. When the system is recharging, zinc particles are regenerated, and oxygen is returned to the surrounding air.
The flexibility of the MGXR ESS enables it to service a wide range of applications. Typical examples include:
- Storage and smoothing current from renewable energy sources such as wind and solar
- Commercial, industrial backup replacing diesel generators
- Industrial scale, on-demand power for peak shaving or standby
- Grid scale energy storage for energy trading and arbitrage
The MGXR ESS is designed according to a modular architecture that enables a wide variety of system configurations to be created from a small number of common subsystems. Each subsystem implements a single element of the technology:
- The Zinc Regeneration Subsystem (ZRS) provides the recharging function
- The Fuel Storage Subsystem (FSS) provides the energy storage function
- The Power Generation Subsystem (PGS) provides the discharging function